Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gratitude

I might be one of the last blog readers to hear of Ann Voskamp who writes at A Holy Experience. Her words are so poignant and true. So from the heart and able to speak right to my heart. Her words are thought provoking and encouraging.

She recently wrote a book called One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Where You Are
In One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are (Zondervan), Ann Voskamp invites you to embrace everyday blessings and embark on the transformative spiritual discipline of chronicling God’s gifts. Because it’s only in the expressing of gratitude for the life we already have that we discover the life we’ve always wanted—a life we can take, give thanks for, and break for others. We come to feel and know the impossible right down in our bones: we are wildly loved — and by God. (taken from A Holy Experience)


 What a fabulous idea to list our daily gratitude. I often see things and think to myself thank you Lord that I can enjoy this beautiful weather, or take my child to the park on a spontaneous day. But to have these things written down somewhere just for me. To keep to see the gifts in each moment, throughout my days. A place to have A thousand gifts from God written down for me. I have to say this might be a genius idea. 


I am sure wanting to find gratitude in everything has struck a little closer with Thanksgiving being only a few days away.  I want to be able to jot down the joy, the gift, the fully lived life at the moment I think it or notice it. And not just for Thanksgiving, but for every day all year long. 

 I have begun quietly writing down the things I find in my day to day that I want to see as gifts things that I am grateful for. I am sure sometimes I will share post here on the blog listing my One Thousand gifts.

I hope you will visit Ann's blog. You can read a few post about her Thousand Gifts here and here.
 I can't wait for her book to come out this is no doubt going to be a great uplifting read.  I believe here book will be available in January. And if you don't start counting your 1000 gifts now, it would be a great & fresh way to start the new year. (not sure why my typing changed to italic, but it won't let me change it back to normal)


To start my list: #1 people who share their heart so others can learn




holy experience

1 comment:

  1. Ann does write beautifully, doesn't she? I am often touched and inspired by her reflections.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete